PoliciesAroundPtown.com was created to serve the local area with the most accurate information available, allowing citizens to be well-informed on issues that affect them.
To protect ourselves, as well as our readers and advertisers, we will adhere to the following policies.
Take-Down Requests & CorrectionsWe do not grant take-down requests. If the subject claims that an article was inaccurate, we will investigate and, if necessary, correct said article. In the situation that an update or follow-up coverage is deemed necessary, we will follow up, but will not remove the original article.
Release of Posted & Submitted ContentAroundPtown.com and its affiliated Facebook page allow the public to post content and communicate with others. This content may include text, images, photographs, audio, video or material in any other form. By making a submission, you are consenting to its display and publication on AroundPtown.com and in related online and offline news, promotional and marketing materials.
Specifically, you provide us with a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, display, and otherwise exploit such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
Submitted or posted content will follow the rules set forth in our Discussions, Submissions & Advertising Guidelines below.
AroundPtown.com will not publish articles on political fundraising events. Advertising options are available for these types of events. We reserve the right to refuse to publish any article that does not meet our Discussions, Submissions & Advertising Guidelines or our ethical guidelines.
Comments & Opinion SubmissionsAroundPtown.com and its affiliated Facebook page welcome reader contributions. We ask commenters to keep their tone civil and observe the following rules set forth in our Discussions, Submissions & Advertising Guidelines below.
Only signed submissions will be considered; AroundPtown.com does not publish anonymous comments or opinion submissions.
Discussions, Submissions & Advertising Guidelines1. No inappropriate content or advertising materials, including anything that: infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person is libelous or defamatory is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar violates a person’s right to privacy violates any local, state, national, or international law contains or advocates illegal or violent acts degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or other classification is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling is a duplicate or repost of something you’ve already posted or submitted contains unpaid advertising contains an unpaid solicitation of any kind misrepresents your identity or affiliation impersonates others is in poor taste or is otherwise objectionable
2. You are fully responsible for the content or advertising that you post or submit. Upon discovering that content you posted or submitted violates AroundPtown.com guidelines, you will promptly remove such content.
You will indemnify AroundPtown.com and its affiliates and their subsidiaries, and its and their directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
Further, you understand that AroundPtown.com has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions, and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content on our site or affiliated Facebook page, or an advertiser’s right to advertise with us. We may reject or remove any comment at any time, with or without notice to you.
3. AroundPtown.com reserves the right to reject advertising. This includes, but is not limited to, ads that may be mistaken for articles or commentary, unless the advertisement includes the word “Advertisement” in a 16-point, bold, easily readable font at the top of the ad. Our advertising agency, Stahr Media, LLC, shall refund the amount actually paid by the advertiser for a rejected advertisement. All political ads and going-out-of-business ads must be paid in advance of the scheduled start date.
4. You must have the permission of others who have contributed to or are featured in any content or advertisement that you submit. If there are any individuals under the age of 18 in any photos, video, or other content or advertisement that you submit, you must obtain the permission of each such individual’s parent or legal guardian prior to submitting the content.
5. Use of and/or reliance on any information obtained through user comments or advertisements on AroundPtown.com or its affiliated Facebook page is at your own risk. We are not endorsing the content of the comments or advertisements, and cannot and will not vouch for their reliability.
6. You give us permission to use content. You grant AroundPtown.com a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, display and otherwise exploit such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
7. Advertising space cancellations must be received via email to the Stahr Media, LLC, at least three business days in advance of the scheduled start date. The advertiser agrees to pay the full amount for the space in the cases of late cancellation or materials being submitted too late to start on time.
8. All advertisements built by Stahr Media, LLC, will be sent via email for proof. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to notify Stahr Media, LLC, of any errors or changes to be made prior to the scheduled start date of the advertisement.
9. All accounts are due and fully payable upon receipt of the invoice. Accounts having a balance more than 30 days past due will be charged a late fee of 1.5% on the unpaid balance. Accounts unpaid after 60 days will be refused new advertising and current advertising will be stopped until the past-due balance is paid in full.
10. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, an advertiser is unable to renew a contract before it ends, the advertiser will be given a seven-day grace period. A contract signed within said grace period will be given a start date of the starting date of said grace period. Nonrenewed advertising will be pulled at the end of said grace period.